I’m getting close to releasing a new version of iBeams.
- Ability to use a custom background.
- Touches, Sources and Targets can now deform space, effectively they can create localized grid distortions
- A number of auto movement options on the touches and sources
- Touches have a visual representation and there are sound effects for the interaction.
- A bunch of new viral bits, save to photo album, email a screen grab to a friend, direct upload to twitter (eg http://twitpic.com/16bot4 )
- A bunch of UI improvements: New visibility page that puts all the various options in one place. UI maximize button. The option page control is now always visible.
Happily enough I’ve now made my investment back (it took a year and I think the music visualization was key.) iBeams is selling well and appears to be much more interesting then audiogasam or Spawn Illuminati, or pretty much any other visualizer I’ve come across. I don’t think there’s much more I could do with the idea, except port it to the iPad 🙂